Work with children requires communication at different levels. Communicating with children ,parents,teachers,supervisors,administrative department and support staff. Effective communication is a skill and is also very challenging. When in a classroom, a teacher has to be very careful about her choice of words, her way of communicating will have a lasting impact upon the children. What is it that I want to convey? What is the purpose of my communication? Am I clear and confident about what I want to say? A teacher needs to communicate with children to bond and build relationships, give instructions, implement lesson plans, give feedback, share thoughts and ideas, share experiences, share information, reflect on situations, counsel, guide, answer their queries and much more. While preparing myself for my day with the children, I would look at the next day's entire lesson plan and go through the day's structure. Beginning from the circle time to the end of the day, I would reflect upon how I would interact and communicate with my children. Communication with children has to be clear, sensitive, age appropriate, non judgemental, suiting their needs, open, honest and at their level.
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment