Thursday, February 15, 2018

My Class of Creators and their Creativity


This one is for my class of Creators and their Creativity:

As you take another step and create your dreams of a future outside school, I sit here and create spirals of memories down the lane.
My second group of Nursery, my children with whom I moved to Kindergarten – Kavya, Tejas, Dylan, Aryaman, Ambica, Mridul and the others.  Why I call you creators is because you let your wings of creativity spread and soar high at all times.  Visuals of our choice time seem like yesterday. Tejas sitting in one of the classroom corners, creating buildings and bridges with wooden blocks and not to forget his never ending train. Kavya’s little fingers dipped in paint and I have yet to see a brighter sun than what I witnessed on her paper sheet. Failed to understand the logic behind a sun always rising from the earth. Each and every bit of paper would take a form and shape, streamers, flowers, rakhis, boats and aeroplanes.  Muddy hands mixing water in the sand and offering this as ice cream, a beautiful and serene temple being created in the sand pit and fallen flowers adorning the temple peak. Your questions obliterated the lines between  real and  imaginary world.
Many will still remember our lotus flower formation and presentation for Hamara Manch. The entire process began with placing a lotus flower in a bowl of water and keeping it in the group during our circle time. While some of you observed the flower, its colour, the stem underneath, others touched and felt it or wanted to smell it. The flower remained in our group for the next few days and you saw the petals opening wider and wider. Discussions in the circle time, followed by steps and movements and finally our lotus flower formation.  This was your beginning of creating goals, aspirations and strengths…..
Which is your favourite spot and what do you like to do there.....
“My favourite spot is the bamboo bushes. When I get bored, I go there.  I talk to the bamboos and I think, the rustle of the leaves is its language.  I usually like to sit there when there is noone out there. When someone shouts and screams and the noise is echoing all over, the beauty of the bamboos slowly  rustling will just be nice. That's how I feel.  Oh, and that's why I like the bamboo bushes.”
Expressed by one of you when in Class V and I cherish the photocopied A 4 sheet.
Each one of you has grown over the years, and I have often seen you walk around the school, but in my heart I have captured those images and memories of Nursery, Kindergarten and primary school years . 
Eyes are moist but the heart is warm with wishes and blessings as you take parts of this institute with you and leave yourselves in our thoughts.
What most of us have created is a sense of pride and being blessed for having your energies around us.
All the best to each one of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment